Thursday 15 September 2011

Starting to assemble my final form

I have recieved my lazer cutted pieces and was really happy with the results. The cardboard looked rather burnt so will need to be painted, but i have decided that i wont use all the cardboard pieces anyway, so ideally i can use these pieces to experiment with how i will connect the pieces and to create another sketch model.

I have chosen to use only acrylic but possible one piece int he center, cardboard in order to have an effective contrast.

I Originally though i would use beads or small plastic pieces in between each layers to make it more dimensional.

Obviously for my final model i would seal the ends far better, but i have decided that this looks messy anyway and that  think i will try threadin the acrylic without beads in between to seperate them.


overall i am happy with the pieces however have decided to now experiment with the order of placement of the pieces, which will have to be done with the acrylic pieces as it wil look completely different when done in acrylic.

No comments:

Post a Comment